A Wise Leader

David was a wise leader over all of the people of Israel. I believe if all leaders would govern their people as David did, the people and the leader would be blessed. (I Chronicles 18:14) Let's examine what the Bible says in this short, but powerful, verse.

David was an administrator. He did not try to do everything himself. He delegated responsibility to men who would do things the way he knew they ought to be done. He administered justice and righteousness in this way. Justice is very important to any group of people. Justice is the act of being fair in the way people are treated when they do good or evil. He also administered righteousness. The true righteousness is from God, and that is what David led the people to do. He administered justice and righteousness for all of the people. He did not favor one group over another group, but he treated all people the same.

I believe if we had leaders in America today who would administer justice and righteousness from the Lord for all of the people, it would go a long way toward bringing the needed changes in our society. That is my prayer for our leaders, and I would urge you to join me in that prayer.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 20-22.

Popular Posts