Lead Me in Your Truth and Teach Me

When I was a teenager, I thought I knew a lot. Now that I am older, I realize how much I do not know. I need all the help from the Lord that I can get. David seemed to realize this fact, too.(Psalm 25:5) King David was a man after God's own heart, because he realized how much he needed to be led by God and learn from the God of his salvation. We would all do well to seek the Lord in the same way.

Truth is from God. Jesus told us that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.(John 14:6) He came to show us the Truth by being the embodiment of Truth. He spoke it, and He lived it out for us to see. Now, we must follow Jesus, so that we live according to the truth. We must ask Him to teach us as we pray, and as we read His Word. This is a daily task, no matter how old we are. We are to wait on Him all day. The word wait means to be expectantly looking to Him to show us our next step.

I pray that no matter how long I live, I will always follow Jesus daily, because I will need to go on learning from Him until I get to heaven.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 26-28.

Popular Posts