They Lacked Nothing

The Israelites wandered in the wilderness, because of their sin in failing to obey God's command to enter the Promised Land. Still, God thought of everything they would need, and He provided it, so that they lacked nothing.(Nehemiah 9:21) Now that is grace! They did not deserve anything, but punishment. Instead God freely met all of their needs for 40 years.

God thought of everything. He sustained them with the manna. He provided the water for 2 million people in a desert. God made sure their clothes did not wear out, since there were no stores, and they could not produce material for clothes. In fact, their feet did not even swell while walking everywhere for all those years.

Well, I have lived 60 years now, and I can affirm the same truth. God has sustained me, so that I have lacked nothing. Yes, I ran out of money once, but God took care of it, I needed a different house one time, and God provided one for $25/month rent. When the children came, God paid all of the bills. Of course, He has brought others alongside to help with some of those needs, but that is how God works. I just want to keep trusting Him and see what He does, don't you?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Nehemiah 13 and Esther 1-2.

Popular Posts