Saved to the Uttermost

Some people have a hard time believing that our salvation in Christ is secure. Well, the author of Hebrews, Who is the Holy Spirit, says, "He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him."(Hebrews 7:25) That sounds pretty secure to me. Then, He goes on to explain why He is confident in that truth. We can all profit from this reality about salvation.

Jesus died for us. He rose again the third day. He ascended back up to heaven 40 days later. He is seated at the right hand of the Father, and He lives to make intercession for us, the ones who have trusted Him. Therefore, if there were ever a question about our salvation, He is there to answer it. If we ever had a need in living out the Christian life, He is there encouraging us, empowering us, and praying for us. There is no way He is going to lose any of His own.(John 10:28,29)

I pray that you know that you are saved from your sins to the uttermost. He wants you to be sure of that salvation.(I John 5:13) Therefore, if you are not sure, please make sure. If I can help, let me know.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hebrews 9-11.

Popular Posts