A Great Example

This evening we went out to eat with my parents to celebrate their 58th wedding anniversary. The actual date is February 1st, but today was the best time for us to get together for various reasons. It is such a blessing to think that God has blessed them with so many years together, and he has blessed me to have them so long, as well.

In a day when so many people have to deal with broken homes and dysfunctional families I am an exception. I grew up in a stable home where my parents loved each other, and they raised me to know the Lord. We lived in the same house from the time I was 6, and they still live in that house. Mom worked hard to make our home warm and loving, while Dad worked so hard to provide the money for all we needed. I never lacked for anything, but I don't think I was spoiled either. Well maybe, I was spoiled in the eating department, because my mom always made me every good thing I liked to eat.

See what I mean. My parents' commitment to each other and to doing the right things in life gave me a wonderful life. I pray that more people will get back to what God's Word says. It would absolutely change our country completely. I pray that my parents will have many more years together, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 3-6.

Popular Posts