Lunch With Jerry

I had a special treat today. I got a call from Wanda asking me to have lunch with her and Jerry. I don't know if you remember my post about seeing people suffer in the hospital and how hard it was for me, but one of those folks who was suffering so much was Jerry. For weeks we have all been praying for him, as he has struggled to get his strength back and to get over the effects of his medications. God answered those prayers.

My friend, Jerry is back! The twinkle is in his eyes. The smile is upon his face. His wit and humor are there. He asked me if I would mind eating with a holocaust survivor. That's how he has felt for the past several weeks. Now, he was just kidding. What a fantastic gift from God!

It is one of the results of being pastor of a church for 10 years. My church family are my friends. We don't just have casual relationships. We love each other sincerely. I am so blessed to have so many friends here and from the other church families I of which I have been a part. It is such a joy to see God bring healing or other provisions to my friends here and around the world. God is so good, isn't He?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 39-40 and Leviticus 1-2.

Popular Posts