Snow

I am still a kid at heart, so I had to take my dog, Midnight, out for a walk in the snow this evening. A lot of it had melted, but our back yard was still covered. We went to the woods to hunt around and stretch our legs, even though it was cold.

As a child, I would never pass up an opportunity to play in the snow. In the south we didn't have sleds and skates, so we used boxes and such to slide down the icy hills. It was great! Once when we were visiting our friends in Nashville, Tennessee, it snowed a foot. My two friends and I stayed out in it all day. We were frozen but happy.

Now that I am a pastor, it is a decision time when it snows. We have to decide whether or not to have services. I was so glad that we were able to worship together today and still enjoy the snow. It is always a blessing to see our church family.

If the white stuff stays around until tomorrow, we will get to see if the old saying comes true again. I have been told that when snow stays for 3 days, it is waiting for more to come. It usually does come, too. If it does, I will be out there with the kids playing in it once again.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Revelation 9-11.

Popular Posts