No More Death...No More Pain

I just sat down to write this post a few minutes ago. My cell phone rang. It was Marta Martin calling to let me know that her father had passed away. I had gone down there to pray with them this afternoon, and he was very weak. He thanked me for our prayers. It was hard to see him like that, but my mind went back to our visit in February at the hospital in Griffin. I went there to encourage him and to pray for him. However, I wanted to specifically ask him about his relationship with the Lord. He gave me a clear testimony of his salvation by trusting Christ as his Lord. It relieved my heart, since I knew he was fighting against leukemia.

Now, my verse for the day is even more poignant. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Then, He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."(Revelation 21:4,5) Dewayne is in the presence of the Lord now. He has no more pain.

Seven years ago today I was recovering from prostate cancer surgery. For some reason God saw fit to leave me here. Others He ushers into eternity. It is not for us to know why. We are only to be ready, because at any moment we could leave this world for any number of reasons. Only knowing Jesus as Lord prepares us for eternal life.
I pray all of you have a wonderful 2011 and a fantastic eternity.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 1-4.

Popular Posts