A Good Strategy for Everyone

This morning I was reading in Ezra for my reading through the Bible in a year. I have always enjoyed Ezra and Nehemiah. I really believe they had a significant revival among the Israelites when they returned from the Exile to rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple. It is amazing to read the way they overcame obstacles and enemies to do God's will. I would recommend you read it sometime.

Today, I noticed one verse that I did not remember from my other journeys through Ezra. It probably stuck out because of my present series of messages on God's Word. However, it is a great strategy for all believers, or anyone for that matter. In chapter 7 we are told that Ezra set his heart to study God's law, to practice it, and to teach others.(Ezra 7:10) Now, I know Ezra was a scribe, but now, we are all priests before the Lord, so we should all be scribes, too. We should consume the Word of God so thoroughly that we understand it. Then, we should put it into practice in our lives. Finally, we share it with other people, because the Word of God is that important for everyone. They need to hear it from us, not just from preachers on Sunday.

What do you think of that strategy? What would happen if every believer studied, practiced, and taught God's Word? It would change our world.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezra 9-10 and Acts 1.

Popular Posts