Trying to be Faithful for the Journey

As I reach another milestone today, I just want to say that it is a joy to know the Lord and have the privilege of serving Him. If you were to ask me how old I feel, I could honestly say that I feel about 19 or 20, except for a few little things. In the morning when I get out of the bed, I am a little more stiff than I used to be. In the evenings when I try to read the street signs, they seem smaller than they used to be. When I talk to my children, they are a lot older than they used to be. I even have some friends that I have known for over 40 years, so I guess I am not 19 any more.

I have run over 8 miles since Saturday, so I can run farther than I could when I was 19. I am definitely wiser than I was then. My love for my wife is so much more mature and deep than it was when we were married at 19. I could tell you a lot more stories now, than I could when I was 19. All in all, I would say things are better now than they were when I was just out of High School and starting to Baylor.

The main is that I am in this thing with the Lord for the long haul. I am here to serve Him until He calls me home. It may be tomorrow, or it may be a long time from now. Whenever, it comes I am ready. I do not want to retire or rest. There will be plenty of time for that in glory. I want to be faithful and enjoy the journey the Lord has laid out for me. So far, it has been a blast, and I know the rest will be great, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 16-18 and Luke 17:20-37.

Popular Posts