Having Church on Friday Evening

Tonight, it was my privilege to be with the folks of the Austin Oaks Baptist Church. The Lord called Dan Holley into the ministry several years ago, and one of the results is this new church. Dan and his wife, Emily, came to North Henry for a while before the Lord led them to start Austin Oaks in their home. Now, they have a nice facility on Fairview Road. Our churches have done several things together. It is a blessing to have partners in the ministry like Dan and Emily.

I shared with the church some Scriptural ways to pray in our "Unhurried Times" with the Lord. It was a joy to see their hunger. Even the children listened well considering the long winded preacher. I believe they will take these things and use them, so they can grow in the Lord. One reason I believe that is that this group was willing to come out on a Friday night to worship and to learn. That is rare this day and time. I pray that we will all have the commitment it takes to be faithful missionaries to the people in our community.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 21-22 and Luke 18:24-43.

Popular Posts