The Gift of Life

Today was our Easter Party for the Good News Club at Cotton Indian Elementary School. Each year we have a special lesson for Easter, and we have a special snack and games. We had a good time at this one, even though I had to calm down some rowdy boys. The memory verse was I John 5:11, "And this is the record that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." I explained to the children that we have life because God gives us life. He is the only One who has the power to give life. Part of the lesson was the story of Jesus raising Jairus' daughter from the dead, because He has the power to give life.

Before I went to the Good News Club, I called Chris to see about Jacob's office visit today. Chris and Dixie had taken him, and they had a million questions for the good doctor. Why? They were concerned about this new little life God has brought into our family. They want him to grow up to be a strong Christian man. The doctor assured them that Jacob was doing fine. He had gained almost 3 pounds in 4 weeks, and he is very healthy in every way. What a blessing of life!

Then, after I got home, I received a call from Harold Ramsey's family that he had died. The life of a Christian friend had come to an end after his 70 plus years on this earth. I prayed for the family, and thought of their grief at the passing of their loved one. How brief life is, and how hard it is to say good-bye. That should make life all the more precious to us. It should make us realize the value of the gift of life, and especially the value of the gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Judges 13-15 and Luke 6:27-49.

Popular Posts