Casting Out Fear

I am certain that I have allowed fear to deter me from doing God's will on too many occasions in my life. It grieves because I know that should not happen. God does not want me to fear. He has given me the spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind, but not a spirit of fear. I know that, and I do feel His power, but I still fail Him because of fear sometimes.

This morning I read I John 4 for part of my Bible reading. There I found a familiar verse about fear, and I made it my verse for today. I John 4:18 is very clear. Perfect love casts out fear. I take that to mean that if I have mature love for the Lord, I would not fear to do His will in any situation. However, if I have fear, I will be tormented by it. Therefore, I need to concentrate on being mature in my love for Him. This verse calls that being made perfect in love. That is the desire of my heart. I want to love Jesus so completely that I will do whatever He leads me to do at any time with instant obedience. I hope that is the desire of all of our hearts. Just think of what Jesus could do through us, if that was the case.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Daniel 3-4 and I John 5.

Popular Posts