Our Best Friend

This morning I had the privilege of leading a group of 9 boy scouts through the first part of the God and Me study. Each one had a parent with him as we learned about creation and the birth of Jesus, our Savior. It is a great study. I have done it once before. It is very impressive to think that the Boy Scout organization cares for the character development of the boys so much that they will not back down when people criticize them for their belief in God and for having courses like the God and Country courses. I really respect them for standing up like that.

However, today it was such a joy to get to explain to the group how to know Jesus and that Jesus wants to be our best friend. Isn't that wonderful? The God who created everything wants to have an intimate love relationship with each of us. It is mind boggling, but true. I pray that the boys will come to know Him in that way, and I pray that you will, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 97-99 and Romans 16.

Popular Posts