Connecting with Others

I know I have shared with you before about my frustration when people come to our worship services, and they say that no one made them feel welcome. I want to tell you how my heart rejoiced this morning to see a true connection made with a needy soul. A couple brought a friend to our service this morning. The friend is a lady from the Philippines who is married to an American man. She can't drive, and her husband doesn't want to help her. She is almost a captive in her home. Her friends brought her to our service in search of a church family that would connect with her and really provide what she needs. Almost immediately, people approached the group and began to find out who they were. They told them about folks in our church and family members who are from the Philippines. They told her about my wife's Connection group for ladies. They offered to give her a ride to church. It was an awesome sight for me. That is how it should be all of the time.

The thing that made it so important in this case was that she has been contacted by a cult group who are using her needs to draw her into their false beliefs. Time is of the essence to free her from the wrong influences and to lead her to the Truth and to the peace of Jesus. It is always a life or death situation, but this one is just so obvious. Would you pray for this lady and for us to connect with her for Jesus? Maybe you are a lady who wants to reach out to her, too. Just let Chris or me know. Maybe, you know someone else who needs the same thing. Please, don't wait. Make the connection now.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 17-19 and Acts 10:1-23.

Popular Posts