Back in America

What happens whenever we return from a trip out of town for a week? We come home to find things have piled up, so we are busier than ever, until we can get caught up. That is how it is with me this time, too. We had a wonderful "mission" trip this year, but today was slammed full from morning until night.

I have had some time to reflect on what God did on our trip, but not enough to be fully complete in my conclusions. Just let me say now that "God blessed." He blessed us to visit Christians friends and encourage them in their walk with the Lord. He blessed us in seeing souls saved. He blessed me by speaking to me about my walk with Him. That is the good thing about mission trips. They usually are a blessing to me as much as they are to the people I encounter.

This time there was one huge result for me. I was convicted by God that I must be a missionary to Stockbridge and the world, whether any one else decides to take that road or not. I have spent far too much time on pastoral administration and far too little time on sharing the Gospel with people who are dying. A fire was rekindled in my soul to tell what Jesus has done for me and how He can do it for others. I am not sure exactly how this will work itself out in my life, but I know that I must do it to be faithful to my Lord. Therefore, I will seek with His direction and power to find the lost sheep and direct them to their eternal home. Please, pray that I will be faithful to His call, and ask Him if that is His call to you, too. I really believe it is His calling for every believer.

Today, I read Numbers 3-4 and Mark 3:20-35, and tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 5-6 and Mark 4:1-20.

Popular Posts