October 22, 2006 - Isaiah 65-66 and I Timothy 2

As we come to the end of Isaiah, I think it is good for us to consider all of what God has said to us in these chapters. It was amazing wasn't it? It is always is amazing to read this book and to see how God revealed so much to one prophet and how it still applies to us today. What did God show you personally? It is good for you to read what God said to me, but the best is for you to hear what God is saying to you.

Isaiah 65 tells us that God is seeking us all of the time as He sought the Israelites in the time of Isaiah. (v.2) He is a reaching God. How have we responded? Has our response been that much different from Israel's response? I hope it has, because God became very angry with Israel. (v.5) God decided to give them a taste of their own works. (v.7b) If they wanted idols, He would turn them over to idols and to a country that worshiped idols. I believe He does the same thing with us today. If you want to walk away from Him, you can, but there is no peace and much pain in that decision, because God wants you to come back.

Isaiah 66 tells us that God blesses the people who are contrite and who tremble at His Word. (v.2) Those people will have peace like a river. (v.12) I pray that you are experiencing that type of peace this morning. If not, I pray that you will turn to Him without delay.

I Timothy shows us what we must do. We must pray. We must pray for everyone, because God wants all to be saved. (v.4) We must pray with clean hearts and holy hands lifted up to the Lord. (v8) We must make sure that we are not rebelling against God's Word, but we are obedient, even when we might not understand it. Then, God can bless us. What is your prayer life like? Do you pray for your family? Do you pray for our church family? Do you pray for the unbelievers around you to be saved? Do you pray for those in authority? That is what the Lord wants us all to do, and He wants us to do it in righteousness. I pray that we will all heed this command of God, so we can see Him work in our lives and in our world.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 1-2 and I Timothy 3.

Popular Posts