My Heart Leaped for Joy

What makes your heart leap for joy? I believe that is a very important question for all of us, especially believers. We can tell a lot about ourselves by what excites us. When we see what we truly love to do, we can see what we value or what we need in our life. Therefore, I believe it is a very good thing to give ourselves some time to reflect on this question. The psalmist had noticed something about his life that he shared with us. When he heard people say to him, "Let's go to the house of God." His heart leaped for joy. Does that happen to you? If not, there is something wrong that needs to be identified.

The house of God is where God's people come together to worship the Lord. The Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem was a very special place in the Old Testament, because God lived among His people there. The priests and the people came there for worship. It was the only true place to worship God by offering sacrifices. However, now each believer is a temple of the Holy Spirit. He is with us all the time, but we are still called to go to the house of God to gather with other believers for worship. Jesus promised that where two or three were gathered in His name, He would be in our midst. That is what makes going to God's house so thrilling. We get to meet with Jesus, and we get to magnify His holy name before everyone assembled.

I know for me the time away from our in-person worship services was very hard. It caused a huge void in my life. Yes, I still had personal worship every day, and we still streamed the worship services for everyone to participate at home. However, it was just not the same. When we announced our re-opening for June 21, my heart leaped for joy. I had a great anticipation, and God did not disappoint me. Then, this past Sunday was even more glorious, since we had more worshipers, even some guests with us. God's presence was palpable. Even now, when I think of being together this coming Sunday, it makes my heart leap for joy. What about you? If it doesn't , then check your relationship with the Lord and get it right today. Then, you can really experience the thrill of being in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ this Sunday.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 123-125.

Popular Posts