A Rock-Solid Mountain

I have always loved mountains. My mother was born near Colorado Springs, Colorado. We would go every year to visit family and enjoy the mountains. It was a wonderful time. The mountains were so solid, they never changed from one year to the next. Then, Chris told me about the Alps, and the beauty there in Europe. I couldn't believe it until I saw them, but they are more beautiful and just as solid. I hope to go see them again, and I am sure they will be there if I can. The psalmist told us that some people are rock-solid mountains. (Psalm 125:1) Unfortunately, there are many people who are not like mountains. They are like the waves of the sea, always driven and around, tossed about, never dependable. Let's learn from the psalmist how we can be rock-solid mountains for the Lord.

None of us are strong. We are all sinful and weak. On our own we can do nothing. (John 15:5) However, there is a key to being solid. That is is putting our trust in the All-Powerful God. Once we put our trust in the Lord, forever depending on Him, one day at a time, we become rock-solid like Zion Mountain. Zion was the mountain of Jerusalem. It is also a name for heaven. Nothing can move Zion Mountain, and nothing can move the man or woman who truly trusts in God. You can always depend on that person to be consistent and faithful, day after day, year after year. It is all about trusting Him, so His strength is supplied for us to be solid like Him.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 126-129

Popular Posts