You're All I Want

I love that worship song that we sing, "You're all I want; You're all I've ever needed." That song expresses the contentment of my heart with knowing the Lord Jesus and having all that He supplies. I know that He is so faithful to meet my needs, and He even gives me the desires of my heart, as I delight in Him. (Psalm 37:4) Asaph, the psalmist, had come to the same conclusion in his life. He expressed it so well. (Psalm 73:25,26) I think if we can all see it from his perspective, it will help us to see our lives correctly and really be at peace and content.

What is it that you want in heaven? I have heard people say they want a big mansion or a nice crown. Others say they want to see their loved ones there, and there is nothing wrong with that. However, heaven would not be heaven without seeing Jesus. The most glorious part will be standing around the throne, knowing God perfectly and worshiping Him fully, as Father, Son, and Spirit. That is what I really want in heaven. Yes, there will be all kinds of wonderful experiences, but that is the main thing for me. The same is true for earth. I have found that money doesn't meet my needs or give me what I want. It is great to know and love other people, but what I want here on earth is the love, joy, peace, and contentment that only a close relationship with Jesus gives me. I want more of Him on this earth, and I know my life will be fulfilled. I will relate to other people and possessions even better when I know Him more. Yes, my skin is sagging in places, and my bones are brittle, as I have osteoporosis, but God is rock-firm and faithful. He never fails. He is always there to be my strength and my song, so why would I want anything else in heaven or on earth?
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 75-77.

Popular Posts