My Personal Testimony

Do you ever read verses of Scripture that express a personal testimony about your life? It happens to me from time to time. I believe the reason for this is that God is consistent in His dealings with His children. As long as there have been believers, God has been working in our lives in various ways that bring us to Him and lead us to be more like Jesus in our character and service. King David was a believer and the testimony he shared in this passage describes my life and my desire, too. (Psalm 71:17,18) I know he was inspired to write it for us because he wanted to give all of the glory to the Lord, and I feel the same way about this blog post today. God is so good and faithful.

God got me when I was an unformed youth. My parents were faithful to take me to church from a young age, so that the Bible has always been a part of my life, and I knew that Jesus died and rose again to save me from the time I was 7 or 8 years old. I waited to trust Him as my personal Lord and Savior until I was 14, but I continued to be taught and molded in the interim. Then, I became intensely involved in church and Bible study until God called me to the ministry at age 17. I began telling the world and the folks at church about God's wonders as I delivered devotionals, sermons, and personal sharing. It has been my privilege to continue this pattern of study and proclamation for the last 50+ years, and now I am old and gray. However, I don't want God to leave me until I get the news of His strong right arm to this world and share news of His power in the future, as long as I can. It is a glorious life, and I would recommend that all parents give their children such an opportunity to see their children be taught all they know by the Lord and be used by Him to spread the word of His greatness.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 72-74.

Popular Posts