Born in Zion

I was born in Memphis, Tennessee on April 22. Then, I was born in Zion on March 20, 1970. Yes, I know it may sound strange, but I have been born twice. I was born physically in Memphis, and then, I was born spiritually in Zion. On Palm Sunday 1970 God wrote my name down in His book. Yes, I got born again on earth at Peachcrest Baptist Church in Decatur, GA. God registered my name in His book in heaven at that same time. The psalmist, Korah, wrote of the same thing happening in his day, as people were born again in Zion, the city of God, Jerusalem, but they were also born again in heaven where God wrote down each name. (Psalm 87:5,6) What a wonderful day! The day our name is written down in glory.

The Bible speaks of two books. The Book of Life and the Lamb's Book of Life. Some people get confused, because they think they are the same book, but they are not. The book of life is where your name is written when you are born physically into this world. That is why the Bible refers to names be blotted out of the book of life. We can have our physical life come to an end. However, once our name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life, it can never be blotted out. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from our sins, when we repent of our sins, put our trust in Him as our personal Lord and Savior, then surrender to him as Lord of our lives. No one can ever snatch us out of His hand. (John 10:28-29) We are secure. Our name is written in heaven forever. Then, when we die, we go straight to heaven to be in the presence of the Lord. Jesus takes out His Book and announces to all who are around the throne of the Father, "This one was born or born again in Zion." Then, we live with Him in heaven forever! What a Day that will be.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalm 89-91.

Popular Posts