My King and My God

Who is God to you? How we answer that question makes all the difference in the world for our lives. If you are praying to "the Big Guy Upstairs" that is a lot different from praying to the Almighty God. However David reminds us of something even more important about who God is to us. Is He the King, or can you affirm, "He is My King?" Is He God, or is He "My God."(Psalm 5:2,3) Can you see the huge difference that makes?

The King of Thailand is supposed to be a great king, but he is not my king, so I don't ever think about him or try to obey his commands. I don't ask him for anything either. However, God is my King. Therefore, I order my life by His commands, and when I have a need, I go directly to Him for help.

God is All-powerful, All-Wise, and All-loving, but until He is my God, why should He listen to me when I ask for power, wisdom, or love? There is no personal connection or relationship. We are two independent beings, until by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, I become a child of God, and He is my God. Then, we are family. He is more than God in outer space, He is my Father.

If I wake up in the morning and God is My King and My God, why would I ignore Him and not pray? Why would He not hear my voice in the morning? Who is more important than Him to ask for guidance? Why would I not bow before my King? See what I mean.

Finally, why would He not answer me and meet my needs, if He is my King and My God? He would be neglecting family, which He never does. David knew all these things. I pray that all of us either know them, too, or we will know them soon.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 6-8.

Popular Posts