Preparing Our Ways Before the Lord

I can't remember running into this description anywhere else in the Bible, but here it says that Jotham "prepared his ways before the Lord his God."(II Chronicles 27:6) The result was that he became mighty. I believe that means we ought to consider what God is saying here.

I checked a few other translations to see how they rendered the Hebrew words here. I found that several used the wording "ordered his ways before the Lord." I think we can see what God is meaning when we combine the meaning of these two words. Jotham became mighty because He spent time before the Lord preparing his ways or his actions. He laid out His plans before the Lord, and asked God to show Him what was right and what was wrong. Then, He put them in the order that God showed Him, so that he not only did what was God's will, but he did it in God's way. I believe that would be an excellent practice for all of us on a daily basis, as we make our plans for whatever will happen that day. Then, we will do things God's way and have His power behind us to make us mighty.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 28-31.

Popular Posts