Living in a Broad Place

God is so good to hear the prayers of His children and deliver us from distress. It may not come as quickly as we desire, but His timing is perfect. It may not result in what we think is best, but His plans for us are perfect, too. Often, God brings us to live in a broad place for our lives.(Psalm 118:5) Let me explain a bit.

Many times our distress is caused by strife between us and others around us. It may be caused by financial trouble or a poor living condition because of our family situation. When God brings us out of our distress in those situations, He opens the way for us to live in a place of peace, where there is room for everyone to live in harmony. The Bible uses this term several times, including the passage where Isaac's herdsmen quarreled with the local herdsmen, until God brought them to a broad place. There was water and grass enough for them and their flocks, and the stress was relieved. Isn't God good?

I know God has brought me to a broad place several times in my life, as a result of my prayers for His help. It is such a relief and a blessing. I pray for each of us to follow the Lord to that broad place He has for us. It is such a joy to live in the center of God's will, and especially when He gives us a broad place for a while.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalm 119:1-88.

Popular Posts