God Does Whatever He Pleases

I believe Psalm 115:3 is a vital truth, if we are to understand God and how we relate to Him. God does not do what we please. He does what He pleases. After all, He is All-Knowing and All-Powerful. The only thing He can't do is the wrong thing, so why would He do what we please. We are sinful and limited in our knowledge and power. We often do the wrong thing, while thinking it is the right thing. I am so glad that God is above all of that, so that He can't be manipulated by us or anything to do other than what He pleases.

The other part of this is that what pleases God is to help us know Him and have an abundant, eternal life. That is why Christ came to die in our place, paying the perfect sacrifice for our sins. We can rest in God's love, because of the Cross. This should lead us to stop doing what we please, and to stop trying to get Him to do what we please, in favor of submitting to His will for our lives.

It is such a privilege to know and serve the God who created the heavens and the earth, the one who sits on His throne in Heaven, and does what He pleases. I can fully worship God when I realize that is who He is, and I can relax from trying to get my way. I want to decide that what pleases Him, pleases me and go with it. I hope we all will come to that blessed conclusion.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 116-118.

Popular Posts