All The Good Things

Take a minute to consider all of the good things which have happened to you in your life. How many of them just happened, and how many of them were the result of some decision to follow what God had told you? When I look back on my life, I can say without a doubt that of all the good things that have happened to me most of them are the result of deciding to follow what God told me. In every case He was faithful to deliver the good things He told me about.(Joshua 23:14)

I don't believe that really good things just happen to people out of the blue. That is a romantic idea that does not describe the reality of life. Good things happen in God's planning. They happen when we follow God's plan. Bad things happen when we fail to follow God's plan. We must not sit around waiting for God's blessing to pop out of the sky and hit us. We need to be praying, reading His Word, and listening for Him to direct us. Then, when He speaks good things to us, we move forward knowing He will bring it to pass. It does not mean that we will not encounter problems, too. It means that God will be with us through it all to supply what we need in every situation.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 24 and Judges 1-2.

Popular Posts