Thanksgiving Verse

This morning I came across a good verse for Thanksgiving. I had not thought of it for Thanksgiving before, but it fits very well. We can put it with the Church Nursery verse, "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed."(I Corinthians 15:51)

The Thanksgiving verse is not quite as humorous, but it is meaningful. It says, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."(I Corinthians 10:31) Tomorrow, there will be a lot of eating, drinking, and whatever going on. Let's be determined that it will all be to the glory of God. After all, we are celebrating His blessings and provision for us. Let's not focus on ourselves, but on Him.

Then, at the end of the day, instead of just being full of food and drink, we can be full of gratitude for all He has done for us and for our families this past year.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Corinthians 13-15.

Popular Posts