Peace

This Thanksgiving I want to express my gratitude to God for giving me peace. There are many great gifts, but it is near the top of the list. In a troubled world there is precious little peace, but with God He supplies it beyond our comprehension.

The economy is a concern. Many people need a job or a better job. There is uncertainty about our rising national debt. How can we pay back 15 trillion dollars? Families are in crisis mode. Everywhere we look we could point out more and more reasons to be stressed. However, the Lord has given me a peace that He is in control. I do not know the future, but I know the one who is deciding what will happen each step of the way. I know He loves me, and I can trust Him to bless me and to protect me. That doesn't mean that I won't suffer pain or loss or even be killed for my faith. The Lord assures me that no matter what I experience here, after one second in Heaven I will not remember it any more, and I will enjoy His presence perfectly forever. What a peace!

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Corinthians 4-6.

Popular Posts