Led By The Spirit

I spoke to our elementary school students today in chapel using Romans 8:14 as our verse. It clearly says that those who are the sons of God are led by the Spirit. Christians are to be like Jesus. We are to be different from those who have not trusted Jesus as Lord of their lives. This truth is the key.

I asked the children to tell me why most people do what they do. One precious little girl said, "They do what they like to do." She hit the nail on the head. Those who are following the flesh and not the Spirit make their choices based on what they like. This leads to many bad choices and a lot of sin. However, the believer is led by the Spirit to do God's will. That makes a huge difference in our lives.

I was thinking today about when Chris and I got married. I was 19, and she was 18. I was still going to Baylor. We had no money. I made $45/week. What were we thinking? We were following what the Spirit was telling us to do. The proof is in the results of our decision. We have been happily married for 37 years. That did not happen, because we were compatible. It happened because the Spirit led us, and we followed His direction.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Romans 9-12.

Popular Posts