Learning and Growing

I have come to the conclusion that life is a learning and growing process. As much as I would like to be able to say that I have learned everything and I am fully mature, that is just not so. In fact, the more I learn and the more I grow, the more I can see there is so much more learning and growing to do. My aim is to keep learning and growing until I get to heaven.

In the process of life I have found that I have learned more from the painful events that from the joyful ones, and I have grown more from the defeats than from the victories. Isn't that strange? We tend to hate pain, but it helps us more than the pleasures. Shouldn't we embrace both the ups and the downs and learn from both. Could it be that when we learn from the pain, we experience it less and less, because we learn how to avoid it? Could it be that when we learn from defeats, we win more? I believe that with all of my heart.

Even though I have not learned it all, I know a lot more than I did when I was a teenager. Even though I have experienced a lot of defeats, I see more and more victories in life now. I see progress. That is what the Lord intends for each of us in every area of life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Romans 3-5.

Popular Posts