Sharing The Word Of God

I have told people that I would rather share and teach God's Word than eat, and I love to eat. I love the Word of God. It thrills my heart, and I love to see it impact the lives of other people. I thank God that He used His Word to touch several hearts this morning in our time of worship. What a blessing!

It was good to be able to preach God's Word this morning after being away on my sabbatical for a month. I did not go a whole month without preaching though. God allowed me to preach a message to the men at the homeless ministry in Nagoya, as well as being able to share His Word with the house church folks in Ichinomiya. I was grateful for these opportunities. In fact, it was pretty amazing that God provided an excellent interpreter for me in both instances. Then, at the house church as I answered questions, one lady asked about how to have a better devotional time with the Lord. I was able to answer her question and give a copy of my "Unhurried Time Suggestions" to the leader of the group to use to teach them further. I would not have dreamed of a situation where God could use those notes in Japan, but He is so good!

Then, this morning as I read Jeremiah 20:9 I was overwhelmed by God's timing. On my first day back to preach after a month away here were the words of Jeremiah, "His Word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not." The words of the prophet fit my heart this morning. I was so ready to begin to let out what God had laid on my heart. I was ready to share the Word. I pray that you know this joy, even if you are not a "preacher." In reality, ever believer is a preacher of the gospel. We are to drink deeply from His Word, and partake of the meat of His Word, so we can share it with others. It is one of life's greatest joys. to hold it in is one of life's greatest tragedies.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 22-24.

Popular Posts