25 Years of Relationships

This weekend we are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the constituting of North Henry Baptist Church. We are having a cook-out tomorrow from 5 to 7 PM, and then on Sunday, we will have fellowship with coffee and pastries at 9:30 AM, our worship service at 10:45 AM, a covered dish dinner in the gym after the worship, and a testimony service at 2 PM. It should be a great day. I hope to see many of you there.

The thing that strikes me, as I consider all that is going to happen this weekend is the role of relationships in the history of NHBC. A church is people in relationship with the Lord Jesus and with each other. The health and growth of the church has to do with the quality of those relationships, as well as the building of new relationships in the community. I have only been here 10 years, but my mind races with all of the memories. However, it is also filled with the possibilities for future relationships.

My prayer is that our church family can grow to love the Lord more, while having a sincere love for every person who lives in our community. Then, I know we will have a great passion to see other people come to know Christ and to build up His church.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 38-41.

Popular Posts