Peace

I am so thankful that the Lord Jesus Christ has forgiven my sins and given me peace that is beyond my human ability to comprehend it. Peace is not the absence of conflict or stress. If that was peace, no one would have peace in this world. Peace is a tangible blessing from God, which He gives us in the midst of conflict and stressful situations. God has blessed me to be secure my relationship with Christ, so that I know everything will be alright no matter what happens in the world around me.

Wouldn't the world be a much better place if more people had this supernatural peace? Think of the marriages that are rocked by fighting caused by individuals who are filled with anger, instead of peace. Think of the sleepless nights of people who are trusting in their wealth as the stock market goes up and down. Look at the uncertainty in the world today, but with the peace of the Lord, we do not have to fret. We can be assured of the promise of Jesus that even if we are killed for our faith in Him, not one hair on our heads will perish.(Luke 21:18) We can have peace because we have the assurance from the Lord that we are going to be with Him for eternity in heaven.

There is no peace in a pill or in a bottle. No one will find this peace in their recreation or partying. This peace comes from knowing the Lord and walking in His will. It comes from not worrying, but praying about everything.(Philippians 4:6-7) No amount of money can buy this peace. It is only from the Lord. I pray that you know His peace today and every day.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 25-27.

Popular Posts