Thirsting For God

It has been a very hot spring so far in Atlanta. I hope it will cool off once summer gets here officially next week. However, I doubt that will happen, at least not very soon. In the meantime we all need to drink plenty of water to keep healthy and cool. I like to get my large cup filled up with crushed ice and munch on it while I drive and as I work. It quenches my thirst and keeps me cool.

The critical thirst that we all have is a thirst for God. Some people do not realize He is the One they long for, but no one else satisfies us like the Lord. In fact, without Him we will go through life thirsty. We will try to find the answer in other things, but they will never quench that thirst for God. I remember being in Mexico years ago. We could not drink the water, so we had to buy bottled water or drink Cokes. I enjoyed the Coke for a while, but it did not take long before my body told me I needed a drink of water. What a refreshing drink it was!

Jesus is the Water of Life! We should long for Him and thirst for Him daily. We should take a long cool drink from His well in the morning and carry Him with us all day long, as we go through a "dry and thirsty land."(Psalm 63:1) Then, we will live in a constant state of spiritual refreshment. We will have the strength and stamina that comes from drinking deeply and often from the wellspring of life, Jesus Christ.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 65-67.

Popular Posts