A Father's Love

There has never been a day of my life that I did not know that I had a father who loved me. It has been a constant in my life. I am sure that one fact has had a dramatic influence on who I am and on how I see God. I read about how some people have a problem believing that God is loving and caring because they did not have a father like that. I am sure that is true, but my father has never let me down.

When I was a teenager, I knew he loved me, because I knew he wanted me to have a job and learn to appreciate hard work. He wanted me to learn the value of a dollar, too, so he was not always buying me everything I wanted like some Dad's do. I am glad he didn't. His faith and his work ethic helped me to have a realistic view of life and to see the reality of God. He said, "If you want a church in your community, attend the church in your community." We did just that, and I heard the gospel from a young age. God's truth sunk deep into my heart, and a lot of the credit goes to my father.

I could go on and on, but I will just say one thing. If you have a faithful father, thank the Lord and thank your father. If you don't have a faithful father, please, look to the One Perfect Father. He is there for you, no matter what your earthly father was like. Have a great Fathers' Day and Lord's Day, as well.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 79-81.

Popular Posts