God's Providence

God sees everything at once. He sees the past, present, and future of everything in the world, all at once. He sees every individual and everything each of us do, all at once. Nothing escapes God's knowledge. This makes God able to work everything together to bring about His will, even though He does not force us to act in a particular way. He can lead us to do the right thing. We just have to listen to Him. However, if we choose to do the wrong thing and sin, that does not thwart His plans. He can still work everything out for His glory. It is marvelous to think about the providence of God.

Each time I get a phone call, or I run into someone, I know it is not a coincidence. It is part of God's plan. He knew it was going to happen. Then, I ask God to show me what to say or do to be a good witness or minister in that situation. Since He knows everything, He can show me just what to say and what to do. When I am sensitive to listen and obey, it is wonderful to see how He works in and through me. Souls can be saved. Marriages can be restored. Lives can be saved. It is all about hearing from God and doing what He says, because He can see ahead, and He knows every heart.

I urge you to trust in the Lord and His providence. Let Him direct you, so you can see things conform to His will.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 68-70.

Popular Posts