A Wonderful Saturday

This was a busy Saturday, but it turned out to be a great day. We take a lot for granted often, but we shouldn't. While a lot of folks were just focused on fun, we saw some spiritual blessings.

This morning we had a very good Men's breakfast and Bible study. The crowd was still small, but the food was fantastic, and the time of study in I Peter 1 was encouraging. I really appreciate Ted Ryan for his service in cooking the food. His commitment was to take the load off of me, and he has done that and more. He is always ready with insights on the Bible, too. The men were so good to pitch in and discuss the subject of being "holy." We came at it from a little different angle. We talked about being holy and how it means we were useful to God and how it brings peace to our lives. I appreciate how the men pitched in to do the chores, as well.

Then, Chris and I went to see Mom. She is so much better. It was like night and day difference from Friday. We just had to praise the Lord for sustaining her on Friday, when her sodium reached such a critically low level and for helping to restore her system closer to normal. It was such a relief to see her smile and laugh. Thanks for all of your prayers.

This evening we had an octogenarian wedding. Yes, the bride and groom are seasoned citizens, but they are full of life. I do a very short and to the point wedding ceremony most of the time, and that is how it was today. However, at one point the groom was ready to get to the end, so he said, "Can I kiss the bride now?" It was so delightfully funny, we all had a good laugh and went on with the ceremony. How refreshing to see God bring together two people, who are so happy.

I could go on with more blessings from this Saturday, but you get the picture. God is so good, and we could see His hand at every turn today. What a blessing! I can't praise Him enough.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Kings 13-15.

Popular Posts