The Air I Breathe

This evening we closed out our revival service with the song, "Breathe" for our commitment song. I felt it was very appropriate for Phil's message on the Lordship of Christ. The words confess to Jesus, "You are the air I breathe." I know a lot of times we sing words without thinking fully about their meaning, but I hope everyone let that one sink in tonight.

How far could we get without air? We could not live more than a few minutes. We would not have any strength without air either. It is essential. That is why the song goes on to confess, "I am desperate for You." Think of being under water and having no way to take a breath. Your lungs begin to ache for air. You become desperate for just one more gulp of air. That is how we should live each moment of each day. He is the air of life. Without Him we have no life, so we are to live in desperation for Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 17-19.
March 27 –30
Now, it is very important for us to continue to pray for the revival services. However, them main way to see revival in our church family is to be sure to come to the services yourself. If you are not there, it limits what God can do in you and through you. Continue to pray for the people around you and to invite them to come to the services.

Popular Posts