A Change of Heart

One of the greatest miracles that I see on a regular basis is when God changes a person's heart. I believe only the Holy Spirit can really change a heart thoroughly. Some people try to reform their lives. It only lasts for a brief time. Then, they are back to the way they were before. God's change lasts. It endures trials. It shows itself to be genuine over time.

It is so wonderful to see a proud heart that becomes a humble heart. It is the power of God at work to make an individual more like Jesus. Then, it is so grand to see the hard heart of anger turned into a joyful heart. Also, the change that comes to a worried heart, when it becomes a content heart. It is a marvelous work of God to behold.

God can change any heart, but He waits for us to give Him our consent. Once we say we want His work in us, He gladly responds. I pray that all of us know what it means to have a changed heart.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 8-11.

Popular Posts