Right From the Heart

This morning in my Bible reading God spoke to me through Matthew 16:16-17 in a special way, so it was my verse for the day. When Peter answered Jesus' question with such sincerity and conviction, Jesus knew that his answer was coming right from his heart. It is so gratifying to hear someone say that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the Living God" and to know they speak it from experience not just because they heard someone else say it. It shows us how God deals with individual hearts, and when a person responds to God's revelation, there is a clear change in their life.

I like to say it this way: "If I can talk you into believing in Jesus, someone else can talk you out of it. However, if you believe because God convinces you, no one can talk you out of it." I really believe that is true. I pray that all of us have a belief in Jesus that comes right from our hearts, because we listened when God spoke to us, and we responded in faith.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Matthew 20-23.

Popular Posts