He Has Brought Me This Far

This morning I was caught by the statement of King David as I read my daily Bible reading from I Chronicles 17:16. He sat before the Lord, and he asked God a question, "Who am I and what is my house that You have brought me this far?" I think this is an excellent question for all of us.

No matter how old you are, do you realize where you are in your life? If you are a believer, and you have been faithful to follow the Lord, He has been the One to bring you to where you are right now. He deserves the credit for all of the good things we have accomplished. We need to give Him thanks for all of the blessings He has given us. Our lives would be so poor without Him.

Also, if we find ourselves in a bad place in life, we need to recognize His lack of blessing and even His punishment in our lives. He may have us in this place to lead us back to Him. It helps us a lot to consider why we are in the position we are in.

As I look back over my life, I can relate to David. I don't know why God has blessed me so much. I can't imagine that He has brought me and my family to this place of peace and security in Him. He has been so good to us, and sometimes I spend some time thinking of all of the twists and turns in my life as I was following His path for me. Then, I marvel at His gracious goodness and His bountiful blessings. I pray that we all do this from time to time.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 19-21.

Popular Posts