Sharing at Thanksgiving

I just want to say that I received a blessing today from hearing about how the folks in our church are sharing with others for Thanksgiving. I know all through the years of my ministry that I have done some type of Thanksgiving baskets. However, what I saw and heard today was far beyond that, because it was a real caring outpouring of love to those around us. I believe that makes Jesus smile.

Our world is too impersonal and busy. People fail to connect with others as we should. One sure way to form those relationships is to help meet needs and to give to others freely, hoping for nothing in return. It is a tangible expression of the love of Christ.

I know that our church and our community are going to be stronger this Thanksgiving, because of all of the sharing that is going on. God can't help but to be pleased and to pour out His blessings, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 20-21 and James 5.

Popular Posts