Hurting the Children

I have noticed one thing over the years that always disturbed our children. They always hated for Chris and I to argue about anything. It was amazing. We could have a disagreement and begin to discuss it, and one of them would speak up to stop us in the middle of the conversation. When we looked at them, we could tell that our exchange of unpleasant words hurt them.

Now, I want you to know that I do not believe that I have ever yelled at Chris, nor she at me. I have not raised my voice more than a few times. However, all couples have some disagreements. It is inevitable to have discussions, but if they are ever the least bit in anger, it hurts the children. They fear for the stability of their family. They know that it is not right for a husband and wife not to get along with each other and treat each other kindly.

Having said all of that, think of the hurt experienced by thousands of children who have to endure yelling and heated arguments between their parents, and for some of them it is a regular occurrence. Consider the emotional damage this inflicts on these innocent children. It is the Devil's work to destroy families and to destroy the emotional stability of children. He is so good at it. However, we must break this cycle and show parents the destruction they are bringing to their children. We must call on them to stop the fighting, even if it is just for the sake of the children. Of course, the best thing is for them to realize they have bought into Satan's trick, and decide to love each other and treat each other with kindness all of the time.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 22-23 and I Peter 1.

Popular Posts