Teaching the Children about Jesus

This morning I attended the annual Child Evangelism Fellowship training time for the Good News Clubs in the southern Atlanta area. It is always an inspirational time, even though we have been attending for 6 years or so. It is amazing to think of what the Lord has done to open up the public schools to the Gospel. I believe every church should take advantage of this mission field.

Several years ago the Supreme Court of the USA ruled that if a school allowed any clubs to meet on campus after school hours, they had to allow equal access to Christian clubs. This ruling allowed CEF to expand their Good News Clubs into public elementary schools across America. I heard about this from the Georgia state director in a meeting about 7 years ago, and I immediately wrote her an email expressing our desire to adopt Cotton Indian Elementary School, which is very close to our church.

Since then, we have had an hour and a half Bible club after school that is open to all of the children whose parents will sign a permission slip. We have seen numerous children accept Christ, and we have taught the Bible faithfully each week to 30 or more children most of the time. It is very rewarding. Often, when I am out in the community, I hear someone say, "Hello, Pastor Stan." Many times it is a child we had in Good News Club. I believe we give them a good foundation in God's Word and a positive attitude toward Christianity, even if they do not come to know Jesus.

I pray that we can do an even better job this year of reaching out to the students and their parents for the glory of the Lord and the up-building of His Kingdom. There are so many who need the Lord!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 113-115 and I Corinthians 6.

Popular Posts