The End of the Lord's Day

For the past 33 years Sunday evening has been a time of unwinding for me. I do not know any way to explain the sense of responsibility I feel on Sundays to deliver God's Word and to see His will done to the best of my ability. It is not stress, because it is a joy. It is not a burden, because I enjoy it. However, it is draining, because to be done well, it takes all of my energy. Therefore, I have to unwind in the evening.

We had our church anniversary today. The church is 23 years old. We had a meal after the morning worship service, and we had a good crowd. I pray that the service was meaningful, but you have to ask someone else that, I never really know since I am biased. However, we had a dear couple join the church, and as I went out to the lobby another man told me he was receiving Christ as his Lord and Savior. Praise the Lord. Both of these decisions are answers to prayers and the results of God's family reaching out as Christ would have us to. That is fantastic to me as a pastor.

Now, all I can do is give a benediction for the day from Romans 15:13, "Now, may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 97-99 and Romans 16.

Popular Posts