Our Anniversary

Thirty five years ago today on a Sunday afternoon Chris and I were married at the Fork Creek Baptist Church on Panthersville Road in Ellenwood, Georgia. Rev. Albert Mulkey performed the service for us. He is in Heaven now, but Chris and I are still going strong. He must have tied the knot very tightly.

We took off a couple of days to celebrate this occasion, so we are in the mountains this evening. We had the best present possible. We were able to spend the whole day together exploring God's creation. This afternoon we went to the highest point east of the Mississippi River. It was great to stop for a minute on top of the world and to think about all of the places we have been and the things we have done over these years. God has certainly blessed us.

After our wedding on that Sunday afternoon, we went back to church that evening for a song service. We loved the "singings" at Fork Creek, and we knew we would not get to attend one for a while. I don't guess we ever did get to go to another one, at that. Then, we piled into the 1963 Studebaker and headed for Waco, Texas. We made it as far as Alabama before stopping for the night. It wasn't fancy, but it was real. Our love for the Lord was real, and our love for each other was real, so we have made it just fine. In fact, I am sure that I can't imagine being without Chris. She is not just one with me, she is part of me. I thank God for bringing us together at her 17th birthday party. She just thought I was her gift. It was really the other way around.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 103-104 and I Corinthians 2.

Popular Posts