God's Blessing Part 2

I really appreciate the insightful responses I received from my observations about God's Blessing yesterday. I don't usually ask for your input directly, but it is good to know I will receive it if I ask for it. Also, I always appreciate your responses to anything I write.

The main thing that was pointed out was that not everyone who is faithful receives the direct blessings I was talking about. That is correct. Many times we go through trials. We experience pain and suffering. We lose a job. We run short of money. Just because we are obeying God does not mean He will bless us by taking away our problem. He may choose to bless us in the midst of our trial. Think of Joni Erickson Tada. She was paralyzed in a swimming accident at about the age of 16, and she lost the use of her arms and legs. She prayed for God to restore her health. She was obedient to Him, but He never chose to restore her body. However, He did bless her in many marvelous ways. I would even say she is one of the most blessed people I have ever heard about. Why? I think it is because the blessing of God comes mainly from His presence and His leadership in His will, not ours. He can bless us even if He doesn't give us a job or more money. Again, some of the most blessed people I know are very poor. He has blessed them by His presence and guidance in other ways than giving them money.

In each case I still see that God responds to faith. He loves for us to try to follow Him and do His will. Therefore, He is able to pour out His blessing on us even more when we have our hearts set on Him, and we are trying to do His will.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 107-109 and I Corinthians 4.

Popular Posts