Exhibiting Spiritual Boldness

My verse for today was Acts 4:31. It is a familiar verse about the early Christians praying and God shaking the place in which they were gathered. The fact that touched me this time was their boldness. Most of the time I could use more boldness, so I try to pay attention to the verses that deal with it.

I do believe that boldness is misunderstood. It is not being rude, and it does not involve having a bad attitude. We know that because these disciples were bold after they were filled with the Spirit. The Spirit will not lead us to act in an unchristian way. Being bold is saying the right thing at the right time in the right way. It depends on the Holy Spirit anointing our words and giving us just the right words. He can do that for any of us, not just the people who normally speak up.

One of my consistent prayers for myself and for all Christians is that we will have a spiritual boldness, so we can spread the word of God with power and authority from the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Esther 1-2 and Acts 5:1-21.

Popular Posts