Disappointments

It is difficult when we are disappointed by something or someone. It may be a case that we have really been let down, or it could be that we had unrealistic expectations. When that happens, we are setting ourselves up for a let down. We have to make sure that we are not expecting too much, or else we will be disappointed often.

I have found that the best way to avoid being disappointed is to try to accept what God allows to happen and to ask Him why it did not live up to what we wanted to happen. A lot of times it has to do with me. I did not do what I should have done. I may want to blame it on someone else, but that is wrong. I need to accept the responsibility for my actions. In other cases when I have done my part, I need to see why someone else let me down. It could be that they were not able to do what I expected, or they have needs, too, so I do not need to be upset with them. I need to help them grow.

The main thing is to not get angry. Once we get angry there is nothing good that is going to come from the situation.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Nehemiah 1-3 and Acts 2:1-21.

Popular Posts